Monday, January 11, 2016


David Bowie, the kind of Pop Icon that come around once in a generation….or two…passed away after a highly private 18 month battle with cancer.

Bowie released his latest & last album only a few days before his death & around his 69th birthday.

Simply titled BACKSTAIR……….even at his death he was one step ahead of his legion of fans……and the choice of colour of BLACK in mourning a true STAR is highly symbolic as it turns out.

And when the official video clip of the song Lazarus was released, it became clear Bowie was going to leave us with one last bang, remaining ahead of his time & ahead of his fans' expectation…...

Bowie was always ahead of his time….and took the fans who he gained as Ziggy Stardust in the early 70s (and millions of others along the way in the 80s & 90s) all the way with him to 2016……..when his music sadly stopped for the last time….although his influence will linger on for many more years to come………….

RIP you timeless legend, fashion & pop culture icon

Here's the lyrics to Lazarus: (I hope I have permission from him to do this !)

Here are the lyrics and the video to David Bowie's final song 'Lazarus' 
Watch it on Youtube......heartbreaking but obviously a parting gift to his fans:

"Look up here, I’m in heaven
I’ve got scars that can’t be seen
I’ve got drama, can’t be stolen
Everybody knows me now
Look up here, man, I’m in danger
I’ve got nothing left to lose
I’m so high it makes my brain whirl
Dropped my cell phone down below
Ain’t that just like me
By the time I got to New York
I was living like a king
Then I used up all my money
I was looking for your ass
This way or no way
You know, I’ll be free
Just like that bluebird
Now ain’t that just like me
Oh I’ll be free
Just like that bluebird
Oh I’ll be free
Ain’t that just like me"
The lyrics and video to David Bowie's last single.

No comments: